Department of Plant Science and Plant Protection
In 1938, with the foundation of the Agronomic Faculty of the Kyrgyz Agricultural Institute, the department of plant growing was also organized. The first head of the department was Loginov F.T. At different times, the department was headed by associate professors Poltoratsky V.G., Ivanov Y.A., Taranov I.I., Afanasenko N.I., professors Kovalev V.N., Ten A.G., Akimaliev J.A., Ibraimov N.I., Asanaliev A.Zh., associate professors Ergeshova K.E., Dzhunusov K.K.
In different periods, such wonderful agronomists-teachers as Kochetov P.Ya., Dzhailov R.Kh., Khripchenko A.I., Patotskaya Yu.S., Alpatova E.F., Zagursky A.V., Tadzhibaev O .T., Karavaev G.P., Bolokbaev Y.B., Soldatenko S.V., Naumovich N.G., Kunchenko A.I. The employees of the Kyrgyz Crop Research Institute, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor Dzhunusova M.K., Candidates of Agricultural Sciences Vorobyov G.S., Levchenko Yu.V., Bessonova T.B., Osmonalieva K., employees of the Kyrgyz Research Institute of Animal Husbandry and Feed Toktokozhoev taught part-time Sh.T., Tentieva B.et al. use to work at this department.
Currently, at the department works as the head of the department, candidate of agricultural sciences; acting. Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor Sultanbaeva V.A., Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Acting professor Asanaliev A.J.; candidate of agricultural sciences., acting Professor Junusov K.K.; Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Acting Professor Ergeshov K.E.; candidate of agricultural sciences associate professor Zagursky A.V., candidate of agricultural sciences, associate professor Bayalieva K.Zh., senior lecturers Oryntaeva K.B., Babaev A.P., Alakunov A.T., assistant Adylbaev N.B., senior laboratory assistant Sarymsak kyzy Perizat.
Directions and profiles / programs
Currently, the department graduating of bachelors and masters in the direction 610200 – Agronomy.
It graduating Bachelors in the following profiles:
- Phytosanitary control in the customs service.
Graduates Masters by profiles:
- Protection and quarantine of plants.
At the department, research work is carried out in accordance with the annually approved plan for the research activities of the university, the plans for research activities of the departments. The program of strategic development of departments for 2020-2024 defines the following priority areas for the development of scientific research:
- Scientific justification of seed production of vegetable crops in the conditions of the Chui valley. Leader of the theme: Ergeshova K., performer: Oryntaeva K.B.
- Study of seed productivity of promising varieties of tomato and pepper in the face of climate change. Leader of the theme: Osmonalieva K.N., performer: Sultanbayeva V.A.
- Testing and evaluation of varieties and hybrids of potatoes created in YUUNIISK in the conditions of Kyrgyzstan in order to transfer adaptive varieties for state testing for inclusion in the Register of breeding achievements approved for use in the territory of Kyrgyzstan. Performers of the theme: Asanaliev A.J., Sultanbayeva V.A., from the Department for Expertise of Agricultural Crops Aidaraliev T.Zh., Ten D.A.
The department conducts research work 5 graduate students 4 applicants and doctoral students. Heads of Doctor of Agricultural Sciences. and about. Professor Asanaliev A.J. and Ph.D., acting professor Junusov K.K.
Over the past decade, the staff of the department has published more than 200 scientific papers, including monographs, guidelines and manuals on topical issues of modern methods of production of the most important agricultural crops.
Employees of the department participate in the implementation of the following international projects:
According to the agreement on scientific cooperation between the South Ural Research Institute of Horticulture and Potato Growing – a branch of the Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution “Ural Federal Agrarian Research Center of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences” in the collection nursery of KNAU named after. K.I. Scriabin, research work is carried out aimed at testing and evaluating the products created at the South Ural Research Institute of Horticulture and Potato varieties and hybrids of potatoes in Kyrgyzstan in order to transfer adapted varieties for state testing for inclusion in the Register of Breeding Achievements approved for use in the territory of Kyrgyzstan. They transferred potato varieties in the amount of 63 tubers of each 8th variety sample (Bracelet, Kuzovok, Governor, Kashtak, Itsil, Kavaler, Zakhar, Agat) for research on testing and evaluating potato varieties and hybrids of the Chelyabinsk selection in order to identify promising varieties for zoning in KR.
Agreement between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Kyrgyz National Agrarian University. Named after K.I. Skryabin, (Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, March 24, 2020) on the implementation of the project “Technical assistance in promoting and raising awareness of alternative agricultural technologies to Highly Hazardous Pesticides (HHP)” in order to improve students’ education in the field of Food Security and Nutrition.
The department has educational and scientific contacts with foreign organizations and educational institutions.
- International Center for Agricultural Research (CIMMYT, ICARDA);
- Kazakh National Agrarian University (Almaty, RK);
- Kazakh Scientific Research Institute of Agriculture and Plant Growing (Almaty, RK);
- Qinjiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences (XUAR PRC);
- South Ural Research Institute of Horticulture and Potato Growing (Chelyabinsk, Russia);
- University of Applied Sciences Weihenstephan – Triesdorf (Germany), etc.
- University of Natural Resources and Life Science (BOKU, Austria);
- Asian Food and Agriculture Cooperation Initiative (AFACI);
- Tashkent State Agrarian University (Uzbekistan, Tashkent);
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO);
- Gyeongbuk National University and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Daegu, Republic of Korea).